30.04.2020 Basic Course for plot gardening, 18.30 - 21.30 Uhr, Winterthur
You want to grow vegetables and herbs in your garden? We show you how easy it can be!
In this 3-hour course we talk about the basics of Urban Gardening like preparation, planting and caretaking of the plants. Furthermore, you will create your own little Urban Garden, which you can take home and transfer into your plot garden. This course is great for every hobby gardener, or someone who wants to become one.
Content of this course:
- Basics of Urban Gardening
- General Vegetable-Gardening knowledge: material, soil, use of space, sunlight, seeds vs. seedlings. Specific information about planting and care of vegetables and herbs in different seasons. What can you plant and do now?
- Depending on the course date, some information will be adapted to the season and you will also plant seasonal vegetables.
- Which types of vegetables are useful and also decorative for your garden?
- General tips on watering, sun exposure, fertilization, pests, emission, …
Date / Time: 30.04.2020 / 18.30 – 21.30
Location: VEG and the City Winterthur, Unterer Graben 1, 8400 Winterthur
Costs: 95 CHF per person incl. peat-free soil, biological seedlings and seeds