13.05.2020 Basic Course Urban Gardening, 18.30 - 21.30 Uhr, Bloom
You want to grow vegetables and herbs on your balcony, terrace or window-sill in the city? We show you how easy it can be!
In this 3-hour course we talk about the basics of Urban Gardening like preparation, planting and caretaking of the plants. Furthermore, you will create your own little Urban Garden, which you can take home after the course. This course is great for every hobby gardener, or someone who wants to become one.
Content of this course:
- Basics of Urban Gardening
- General Vegetable-Gardening knowledge: material, soil, different kinds of planters, use of space, sunlight, seeds vs. seedlings. Specific information about planting and care of vegetables and herbs in different seasons. What can you plant and do now?
- Depending on the course date, some information will be adapted to the season and you will also plant seasonal vegetables.
- Which types of vegetables are useful and also decorative for your balcony?
- General tips on watering, sun exposure, fertilization, pests, emission, …
Date / Time: 13.05.2020 / 18.30 - 21.30
Location: VEG and the City Bloom, Freilagerstrasse 71, 8047 Zürich
Costs: 95 CHF per person including peat-free soil, biological seedlings and seeds
To bring: a planter (balcony boxes, flower pot, rice bag, …)
|Kursort||Bloom (Zürich Freilager)|